- Charles at Planet of the Hats had an excellent, depthy post on Gear Pollution. He goes into the history of raid progression and how it has developed into the 10 and 25 tiers of hardmodes we see now, and what the current problems are with this system, from gear gaps on loot tables to a disdain for 10-man guilds as inferior "casuals." Long read, but well worth the time. As he says, "grab a cup of tea (NO YOU CAN’T USE COFFEE INSTEAD), sit back, relax and embrace the wall of text to follow."
- Keredria at Tree of Life posted the youtube "commercial" for Save the Murlocs. It is epic. Go watch it, go go go!
- Offtopic of WoW, I discovered both MLIA and Google Mystery this week. I am much amused, especially by the twilight vs harry potter war. I also laughed at googlegooglegooglegoogle.com and attempting to follow google's "did you mean:?" when trying to search the word "recursion." Discovering a wikipedia list of all of the crayola colors was fun, too, though saddening as I saw many of the colors I remember from childhood have been retired (Mulberry, Raw Umber, Thistle...)
- Kyth at StratFu has finished rolling out the new website format, which invites users to submit strategies. She finally got the forums back up, too ;) StratFu is currently hosting probably the most extensive collection of ICC strategies from the PTR. She's asking for some druid guides... I've been slightly tempted to submit some, but seems kinda silly when I have guides written out here on my own blog already :) /shrug.
- Speaking of ICC guides, Yogscast did a great compilation/commentary preview on the bosses of ICC. Youtube video here.
I'm also going to break down and post a real photo. Of... a resto druid and a feral druid!!!
The tree is casting tranquility. Pretty lights, see? And the feral druid is OBVIOUSLY attempting some crazy cower ability. There's also a teldrassil sproutling on the coffee table, and some priest seems to have misplaced their candle reagents.
That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.