GridStatusRaidDebuff, though I have heard many raid leaders say they love it. If you'd rather select your own specific debuffs for Grid to show, read on :)
Addings Debuffs to Grid:
- In your Grid Menu (either the drop-down menu from the screen icon, or access by typing /grid config), select Status.
- In the Status menu, select Auras.
- In the Auras menu, type the appropriate debuff name in the "Add new Debuff" window. You can see this in both the Grid Config panel and in the drop-down menu, as shown below.
- Type in the EXACT name of the buff or debuff you wish to see, such as "Sara's Blessing" or "Frost Blast." Buffs are positive things like Thorns and Mark of the Wild; debuffs are hurtful things.
- Now that you have added the debuff as a status, you can set its specific options to your liking by selecting it in the list of added debuffs:
The color setting can be used to control transparency of the debuff's icon, and/or the actual color of the debuff's box if you wish to add it to a place on your grid frame that does not support showing the actual graphic icon (in the default Grid package, there is only one place that supports icons, but other positions that just set a little colored box indicator).
The priority will control whether this debuff is shown over another debuff or alert you have set in the same frame for that player, and you can filter the classes to not show this debuff if you wish.
The range filter will keep the debuff from showing on your frames if you are out of range of the person. Showing the duration will only work if you plan to set this debuff as the "center icon" in your frame: it will add a timer for the debuff's remaining duration.
Unchecking the "Enable" will, of course, disable the debuff from ever showing on any of your frames.
- Now that you've added the status to Grids' "library" of available statuses, it is time to add it to your frames and choose where you want it to appear. From Grid's main menu, select Frame.
- My preference for showing most debuffs is in the Center Icon frame. To do this, select Center Icon from the Frame menu, and then put a checkmark next to your selected buff(s) and/or debuff(s). You may select more than one in this list, but remember: only one can show up at a time. Each of these status' priorities (configured in the status menu) will decide which is shown over another if multiple buffs and debuffs occur at the same time: the highest priority will show. If two or more have the same priority, then Grid will choose the oldest one to show.
** Alternatively, you can add the statuses to a different frame, such as to a corner or to the Border. This will change the color of the border or corner box to the color you selected in the debuff's Status options. If you set it as the "Health Bar," it will change the color of the person's health bar to match the debuff. Again, priorities will decide which status added to that frame are shown over the others!**
- Congratulations, you've now added a debuff to your grid frames!
My personal center icon in the frame settings uses the following debuffs:
- Buff Group: Mark of the Wild (only out of combat and if missing. Added using GridStatusMissingBuffs)
- Debuff type: Poison
- Debuff type: Curse
- Ready Check (added using GridStatusReadyCheck)
- Boiling Blood (Saurfang)
- Death Plague
- Dominate Mind (Deathwhisper, Yogg)
- Frenzied Bloodthirst (Lana'Thel)
- Frost Blast (Kel'Thuzad)
- Fusion Punch (Iron Council)
- Gaseous Bloat (Putricide)
- Gut Spray (Dreamwalker)
- Harvest Soul (Lick King)
- Impaled (Marrowgar)
- Inoculated (Festergut)
- Instability (Sindragosa)
- Necrotic Plague (Lich King)
- Pact of the Dark Fallen (Lana'Thel)
- Pyroblast (I hate Molten Colossusesses!)
- Saronite Vapors (General Vezax)
- Swarming Shadows (Lana'Thel)
- Unbalancing Strike (Thorim)
- Unbound Plague (Putricide)
- Volatile Ooze Adhesive (Putricide)
- Wounding Strike
Each of my chosen debuffs (and the MotW buff group) has a "color" setting of gray with 50% opacity. They show up in the center of the frame as their own graphic icon, but at a 50% opacity so that I can still easily see the health bar underneath, as shown to the left.
You can faintly see the "skull" icon in the top left corner of the warrior's frame, which is telling me that he has been marked with a skull. This is an extra Grid addon module, GridIndicatorCornerIcons along with GridStatusRaidIcons.
I also use GridIndicatorCornerIcons with the following:
Top Icon (top right corner left):
Essence of the Blood Queen
Mark of the Fallen Champion
Bottom Icon (bottom left corner right):
Rune of Blood
For Sanity on Yogg Saron, I use an extra addon called GridStatusSanity. More on it here.
Other Grid Addons that you can use for adding graphical icons to new spots in your frames include: